Thursday, September 22, 2005

Reading on Rita


Do a search for "Houston" and "Rita" on Blogger.com and you'll get more than enough hits to give you a good impression of what's going on in the city. Reports are streaming in that people who stay in the path of Hurricane Rita are taking great preventative measures, i.e. cooking all meats and perishables (bar-be-que time) and drinking all beverages that will not be savory when warm (chugging the last few Budweisers in the fridge).

A lot of neighborhoods are banding together in this effort (not just the eating and boozing). A few reports have come in from separate areas in the city that neighbors are helping eachother move furniture to higher ground and board up windows.

How do I feel about my parents and siblings remaining in the area? I'm worried. Very worried.

In fact, I can't get it off of my mind.

I hope you guys are okay. Will you PLEASE call me back!? PLEASE???

No comments: