Friday, July 15, 2005

Get over yourself...

Maybe I'm really not as different as I think I am. For some reason I walk on eggshells with a lot of people for fear that they may fear me. I hope, more than anything else at this point, that who I am does not negatively impact anyone, or even cause them to have a negative preconception about me because of my appearance or otherwise.

I think it's time to put all that crap into the back seat. I should be over this by now. Maybe it's time for me to just prioritize my public perception instead of bending to my idealism (you would be surprised at how hard it is to resist idealism). Maybe I just need to switch to a hybridization of idealism and realism, without becoming a jaded, old fart.

The revolution has a theme song, and it's by Barry Manilow.

No comments: