In the tradition of New Years Guilt, I present to you my unfulfilled resolutions, just like last year.
In 2008 I was to:
1) Stay in bikini shape and make more trips to the beach this summer to motivate me.
I got into a bathing suit, like, once this summer, at my cousins house for a pool party. Didn't make it to the beach once. I also kind of slacked off from the gym this year, taking breaks from my workout routine for weeks at a time. This a bikini bod does not make.
2) Take my inversions off of the wall. (eek!)
I got pretty close, I think, to doing this.
It's a process in yoga, and I want to really keep up at this, and really concentrate on my practice.
3) Run the 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving.
Uh... Moving on...
4) Keep up with my knitting.
Yes, yes I did keep up with my knitting. thanks for asking! I knit a lot this year, making a total of four pairs of socks, numerous pairs of mittens and a couple of really cool hats. I even made some washcloths for my sister's baby shower.
Check out my FOs (that's Finished Objects for the non-knitters among us) in my Flickr Knitting! set. (I really should be knitting right now... )
And, last but not least...
5) Make a genuine effort to simplify and organize.
I mentioned that this was my No. 5 goal to Dave and he said, "Well, I tried to help get you organized, like I told you to go through the file cabinet and all those boxes from when we moved that are still in the closet, but noooooooooooo..."
So, it appears that I didn't totally simplify and get organized, but hey, I did make a genuine effort by going through a few boxes and getting a closet organizer from IKEA. I even donated a ton of my clothes and refashioned others. It's a wash in my book, but it will definitely stay on my 2009 list, which, without further ado...
In 2009 I will:
1) Go to the gym more regularly and take charge of my eating habits. And I should probably get my boozing under control. I drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of carbs. Hard to get lean when you're drinking all of your calories and washing that down with cheese and crackers.
2) Keep working on my yoga practice. I think that continuing to be conscious of myself in my practice and learning how to better achieve optimal alignment will help with my inversions.
3) Keep knitting and finish at least two sweaters this year. Top two on my ravelry queue are the February Lady sweater and the Shalom cardigan.
4) Make an even more genuine effort at reducing our clutter and getting things organized. I think that since we're redoing the office right now, that might actually be in the cards this year. Our storage closets really need a good go-through, and I might just get motivated to install more organizers!
Wish me luck in 2009!
P.S. effing UPS guy never came. Don't know what I'm going to do about that... :(
P.P.S. Hope you ate your Hop-n-John and cabbage!