Friday, January 08, 2010

When looking for a job, beware of Facebook

So, I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I ended up getting my current job through Facebook. This was before their recent privacy fubar. I adjusted my settings so that the only thing people saw about me was that I reside in Dallas and that they could send me a message. Too bad they changed the options.

If social networking via facebook wasn't such a critical part of our media these days, I would probably have deleted my account the moment they changed the settings. I think they know that they have us by the balls now, and that's likely why they made the change.

In any case, if you're looking for a job, be wary of how your profile appears on facebook. It's a lesson the idiot discussed by alexa at cleveland is a plum never learned.

No comments: