Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Take me camping (again)!

I think I've been bitten by the camping bug. Besides knitting, sewing and dreaming of a hen house I've been dying to go camping again! It doesn't help that Texas has so many great state parks within spitting distance!

I think our next outing is going to be Dinosaur Valley State Park. There's plenty of primitive camping (yay!) and there's a river running right through it! I love me some river swimming!

After that I think we'll head over to Lake Tawakoni State Park. Last year there was this crazy communal spider web there! I'll have to bring my fishing rod for this one, because there is some awesome fishing here!

Maybe after those I'll think about going to Lake Whitney State Park or maybe over to Graham, TX for some rock climbing and mountain biking! Possum Kingdom Lake sounds good, too.

A coworker of mine has this thing about visiting state parks. I think I'll rediscover my thing for state parks, too. Now, I've got to go recruit the spouse!

3 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I love camping! I can't wait until July (it's a little too cold for me in the high country before then), and then I'm going to make the most of my last Colorado summer.

Olivia said...

Within spitting distance? Nah, Texans just spit further than everyone else.

Miss Dallas said...

Liv, I hear that the Chinese are far more prolific spitters than Texans! :D