Sunday, January 30, 2011

Finished Objects

I know, It's been a long time since I've posted some finished projects here. This won't be a long list, but it should be an interesting one.

First, I'll just go ahead and say that I've probably got more things on the needles than I need to. It's really kind of sad that, I'm almost two times more likely to start something new than I am to actually finish a project. If I just count the project bags in my direct vicinity (living room knitting chair), there are NINE UNFINISHED OBJECTS. That's not even digging into what's holed up in my studio, which is actually soon to be the nursery/studio, which I am actually not bitter at all about. No, not even a little.

So, you'll probably understand at least a little why I've only finished THREE THINGS since the last update.

The first is a wonderful lace slouch dubbed the Spring Beret (Rav link).

DSC_0873

That's right, folks. This project was finished while the grass was still green.

The second, and I am calling these finished despite the fact that they still don't have ties and poms (ties and poms are not knitting, so there), are some tres cute baby booties. I started these pretty much just after New Years Day, and I'm not going to officially reveal these until we find out the sex of our little nugget, which will be on Feb. 25. Then I'll make gender-specific ties and poms and whatnot. And share them here, of course.

The third, which was just finished today, is Just Enough Ruffles by Laura Chau.

IMG_0525

Don't you just love my model?

IMG_0521

Me, too.

There should be more finished objects soon, considering that I'm on a wild finishing spree. I'm going to try to finish two things for every month this year. Considering that I'll be enormously preggers for more than half the year, and that sitting will become a sport to me, that doesn't seem like too much of a challenge.

Hope I can hold myself to it!

2 comments:

Rachel Thomason said...

Wow, you are so talented! I especially love the "Just Enough Ruffles" piece! Also, it sounds like you need another project. Maybe you should knit yourself a blankey to help you tay warm this week!

Miss Dallas said...

I have been thinking about knitting an afghan...