Thursday, March 04, 2010

A Good Teeth Cleaning

I go to the dentist about once every six months for a cleaning and a check-up. It feels like I havent blogged since my last dentist visit, although I know that's not true.

Shitloads have happened since the last post on Dallas' epic snowstorm (I almost typed "snotstorm" which is what's happening right now in Dallas, considering how many people in my office are sick).

But I did go to my dentist today, and they did this crazy-ass x-ray where you stand up and there's this thing that rotates around your head to get a 360-degree picture of your teeth. It was straight out of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I almost expected to hear Hal's voice telling me about the status of the image capture.

Turns out, it's one of those crazy digital x-rays. And, they let me see what my mouf looks like from all directions:


Now that, my friends, is fucking boss. You can see my two crowns and ump-teen fillings. And, I found out today that my teeth are more cavity prone than other because of whitening toothpastes. I had no idea. The hygenist said that using the little strips on a regular basis is better for your enamel than using a toothpaste twice a day. Crazy.

The best news so far today: NO MO' CAVITIES!!!

Also, our fridge is on the fritz. We're having it fixed this weekend, which is a tremendous relief!

1 comment:

texpat said...

as much as i hate the dentist, that is a really cool picture!!